The pen testing world is constantly changing and threat actors are continually finding new ways to exploit organizations of all industries and sizes. In order for pen testers to safely and efficiently test and expose security weaknesses, they enlist the help of different tools.
This article series from cybersecurity expert Ricardo Narvaja provides tips and tricks on reversing and exploiting Windows using free and easy to get tools.
- Part 1 - Installing Tools
- Part 2 - Solving the Exercise Stack1 Using x64dbg
- Part 3 - How to Analyze Stack1 and Stack2
- Part 4 - Analysis With Stack3 and Stack4
- Part 5 - Analysis of Stack4 Using IDA Free
- Part 6 - Solving ABO1 Using RADARE
- Part 7 - Analysis and Resolution of ABO2 in GHIDRA
- Part 8 - Coming Soon
Interested in learning more penetration testing techniques?
Read our article, Reading DPAPI Encrypted Keys with MimiKatz, and learn how this technique can help in gaining access to the secrets of any user within the domain, either by compromising the victim’s workstation or through using domain controllers, once Domain Admin privileges are obtained.