Mobile device penetration testing is one of the new capabilities released in Core Impact Pro 2014 R2. When it comes to BYOD, resistance is futile. Whether or not your organization has implemented a formal policy around it, employees are using mobile devices at work. Showing them how easily a bad habit or careless decision around mobile connectivity can lead to a major breach is critical to keeping them -- and your critical assets -- safe. That’s why, on top of our existing mobile functionality, we’ve added a Java-based Android agent to the latest version of Core Impact Pro. This agent can be introduced into the target device via:
- A phishing attack. A URL will be sent to the target victim, and if they click and install, an agent will be deployed.
- An innocuous-looking vulnerable application. If they open and use it, an agent will be deployed.
Once the agent is deployed, you will have the ability to:
- Access the command shell
- Manage the contact information (address book) on the device
- Make phone calls and send SMS messages from the phone
- Capture recently sent and received SMS messages
- Upload or download files to/from the device
- Access calls log info
- Access the current location of the device, if available
- Capture the phone number of the device
- Capture device info (OS version, device manufacturer, etc.)