Top Penetration Testing Challenges and How to Overcome Them
A penetration test can be an invaluable tool to evaluate the security of an IT infrastructure by safely trying to exploit vulnerabilities. Despite the necessity for these critical evaluations, many security teams struggle to maximize the effectiveness of pen tests in their organization.
In this webinar, Paul Asadoorian and Matt Alderman of Security Weekly will discuss the challenges of penetration testing, including talent, tools, and reporting of findings. Cybersecurity expert Steve Laubenstein, VP of Cyber Threat Security at Core Security, A HelpSystems Company will discuss and offer advice on the biggest struggles they see with penetration testing at different organizations, including:
- Addressing the lack of pen testing talent
- How organizations are leveraging pen testing
- Why penetration testing is important in prioritizing remediation needs
- How red-blue-purple teaming brings value to organizations
- The importance of testing processes, not just infrastructure, apps, and people
- Advocating for a consistent and strategic pen test program
Join this webcast to learn how to tackle these challenges and implement best practices. With thousands of cybersecurity incidents reported by every year, penetration testing is more important than ever to assess your defenses, find security weaknesses, and create a more robust security posture.