With events such as the OPM and IRS hacks, it is clear that government organizations need to remain at the forefront of IT security in order to protect our national security. Vulnerability and Access Risk Management (VARM) is the only solution that can help you deter, detect, and remediate both infrastructure and access risk.
Vulnerability and Access Risk Management is an end-to-end solution that can help government organizations:
- Remain Compliant: Between the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), there are unique regulations and constant revisions to government regulation. Core Security’s Vulnerability and Access Risk Management solutions enable government agencies to meet and exceed many of NIST’s recommendations for Information Security Continuous Monitoring.
- Reduce Threat Surface: The rise of mobile devices, demand for new services, and focus on transparency in today’s daily operations have exponentially increased the threat surface. With a VARM solution, your infrastructure vulnerabilities are scanned, tested and prioritized by risk. Our solutions also alert you of access risks such as privileged account misconduct, orphaned accounts, and segregation of duties violations.
- Improve Efficiencies: Agencies siloed by mission or function can obscure an overall risk assessment. VARM is not siloed and looks across your organization. Through vulnerability prioritization and attack path modeling, your security team can spend time addressing the most pressing threats while automated systems monitor for access risks in the network.
- Reduce IT Costs: By automating processes such as password reset and using penetration testing tools, you can decrease your time spent on these day-to-day activities and, possibly, reduce your headcount – saving money across your agency.
It’s time to be pro-active—not reactive—to cyber-security threats. Our VARM solutions go beyond simply passing a yearly audit; it continuously and comprehensively monitors your system for both infrastructure and access risks to mitigate risk within your systems. Want to find out how our solutions can work for you? Request a demo today.
The Core Security Attack Intelligence Platform enables government agencies to meet and exceed many of NIST’s recommendations for Information Security Continuous Monitoring. Core Security customers conduct regular, safe, and controlled assessments across a wide range of threats vectors and gain insight regarding operational security posture. With SCAP (1.0, Rev 2) reporting, agencies can provide proof to auditors, Cyber Scope and others of their adherence to the letter and spirit of NIST guidance.
- NIST SP 800-137: Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Federal Information Systems and Organizations
- NIST SP 800-39: Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems
- NIST SP 800-53: Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations