Vulnerability Management from the Perspective of the VP/Director of Security
- Protecting the brand and reputation of the organization in the face of evolving threats should be of the utmost importance in this role. A data breach or leak of assets is simply unacceptable to leadership.
- Mitigating the potential of a breach in the face of decentralized locations, a mobile workforce, mobile devices, cloud computing and business partners should be a constant concern to protect your organization from threats coming at all angles.
- Effectively understanding and communicating risks to C-level leadership and executive board members to ensure they will have a clear understanding of where and why resources are being dedicated to protecting the organization.
- Meeting compliance mandates and addressing guidelines that the organization is required to
Consequences if no action is taken:
- Damage to reputation, market share and stock valuation due to a breach in infrastructure or a leak of critical. Whether this is due to a lack of meeting compliance mandates or the misallocation
- Without the ability to determine where the next risk to the organization will come from because you do not have the proper visibility or communication lines set-up within your security teams to
- Unable to communicate risks effectively thus leading to a lack of funding for project. Executive leaders do not give the proper attention to serious security issues, as they cannot understand risks to
- Fines or penalties imposed because the organization does not meet specific mandates; or they organization may be compliant but has still not done enough to be secure.
How Core solutions can help:
- Gain definitive answers about IT security risks and protect the most critical information more effectively; by prioritizing overwhelming amounts of vulnerability data.
- Make better decisions regarding risk and work on most important issues first; Core also allows you to consolidate technologies, doing more with less in the face of flat or shrinking budgets.
- Communicate in the language of business and get leadership to take notice for the first time through Executive Dashboards within Core Insight to clearly pinpoint where additional resources need to
- Comply with spirit and letter of compliance mandates to ensure your organization avoids any damage to the brand or costly fines due to a lack of adherence.