Penetration Testing for Higher Education
Meeting Compliance Demands
Educational sector organizations face an ever-widening array of demanding IT security regulations that they must adhere to, specifically around improving and validating protection of sensitive electronic data ranging from students’ medical records to alumni donor information. In addition to any internal security reviews they must prepare for and pass, many of today’s institutions must also address security regulations including PCI, HIPAA, GLBA and FERPA, all of which call for proactive vulnerability assessment, validation and testing.
Enlisting our products allows education sector organizations to meet specific penetration testing requirements such as those laid out in the PCI DSS mandate, and to validate the efficacy of many other security requirements, by:
- Providing deep, cross-asset automated penetration testing capabilities useful to security staffers of all experience levels.
- Generating targeted compliance testing reports that address specific standards including PCI DSS.
- Validating that mandated defensive security controls are in place and functioning properly.
- Helping to translate information provided by vulnerability scanners and defensive controls into actionable data.
- Offering a form of detailed compliance management benchmarking that can be used to track progress over time.
Learn how conducting penetration testing at educational institutions can help you to: