Core Security is seeking a motivated and energetic marketing events intern to join our top-notch team. This paid internship is an ideal opportunity to gain valuable real-world experience at a successful, dynamic organization that is the independent leader in its field of security intelligence and vulnerability assessment.
The marketing intern will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of marketing professionals, working closely with the Demand Generation Manager to develop a marketing strategy and execute integrated marketing campaigns. The overall job function is to support the marketing team with the planning and coordination of industry events and programs, in order to improve brand perception and generate sales leads.
A sample of responsibilities will include:
- Project management including budget management, venue research & selection, vendor sourcing and management, event promotion and registration
- Assist marketing team with campaign reporting, project flow and internal communications
- Assist with database marketing, data integrity and the reporting process from Salesforce.com and our marketing automation platform
- Work with marketing team to produce signage, event collateral, and promotional giveaways that align with branding specifications
- Ensure marketing collateral is up-to-date, and keep marketing inventory stocked for upcoming events
- Coordinate shipping, supplies and material handling efforts, coordinating with sponsor/expo efforts to maximize efficiency and cost
- Work closely with marketing, sales, product teams, PR, and executive management to achieve business goals
Other administrative duties will include:
- Other activities related to demand generation initiatives, including: webcasts, PR, content syndication, email campaigns, social media, online marketing programs, and copywriting
- Departmental billing and processing invoices
- Scheduling internal and external meetings including team meals and special events
- Participating in brainstorming and collaborative global marketing meetings
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as they come up
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- An interest in marketing and security technology
- A positive attitude
- Basic PC skills and some experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, (Adobe, Facebook, Twitter a plus)
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core Security does not discriminate against EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability